Thursday, 14 April 2016

Play Date...Altered Book

Well hello! How the devil are you all?

To cut a long story short...having been made redundant at the end of March and getting a new job I have been left with a week in limbo between the two....

I mean what's a girl to do other than contact her craftin mucka and say 'lets get together!' I'm sure we have both mentioned before that we had an evil plan to get together for a crafty session each half term but as I will be working more hours in the new job this might be harder work so we took advantage...

You know the scene out of  The Jungle Book with the vultures (which I still say to this day are The Beatles! Warped mind I know) 'What we gonna do?' 'I dunno what do you wanna do?' etc...

Sue said how about an altered book, O Yeah!

So off I went and after what seemed forever we had cut an aperture from the middle of the book to add a little something and start decorating. Although we started on the same vein somewhere along the line we ventured along different paths and at one point both sat there, (probably with an inane grin on our faces) bathing in the silence, just happy in our little craftin world and thinking how lovely it was that we were both doing the same thing completely different LOL. O joy! There's only craftin people that will understand these ramblings of a mad crafter LOL!

So the inside pages:

I used PaperArtsy Fresco paints slate and claret to dry brush some colour onto the pages and then added some fabric and beads and stuff to the corners of the aperture and eventually decided to paint the whole of the aperture in claret and adding my heart locket and silhouette. I also stamped multiple rows of the houses from my PA challenge winnings HP1601 onto tissue paper and stuck those on the opposite page. Unfortunately the picture showing both pages together won't rotate no matter what I try!!

The front cover:

I adhered some angel hair paper to the front for texture and Sue being Sue had die cut some bits and bobs that we might be able to use so I coloured one with more slate and stamped brick effect with PA mini MN95.

To the other die cut and hinges I added texture paste from Sue's stash (sorry can't remember which one) but it's a super charcoal colour with sparkle.

I added some more fabric and hessian lace and colouerd it all with claret, fortunately my book was already red so it didn't matter that this is translucent. I coloured some more fabric in the slate to bring it altogether added some glass beads finally added my street sign and lamp and rubbed a little Ruby treasure gold to highlight some of the texture.

Unfortunately the inside covers were blue and all I could see was glimpses of blue so I decorated this you do! I just love this Tim Holtz stencil. Again using slate and claret with vintage lace and mushroom as my neutrals.

Can you believe that I actually finished and blogged before Sue?....No nor me, mind I think mine is quite simple in design where I am sure Sue's will be full on texture and lots more detail (I only saw the inside complete and the front was at the thinking/placing stage before I had to go on school run LOL but it did look good).

Now I still have 4 cards to make during April so I better get a lick on then as I need to start decorating the living room with the rest of my week 'off'!! and maybe the hubby will take pity and help even with his bad shoulder!

Right that's me done! Thanks for stopping by and leave a comment if you fancy.

Happy Craftin


1 comment:

  1. OMG you beat me by two minutes, literally and that was because I was linking your blog in, LOL. Your project has turned out fab as usual, will come up with something else for next term.x