Sunday 28 February 2016

Just a Journal Page

Hi Peeps, how's it going?

Well it's been a bit hard work here the last couple weeks, you know how it is sometimes things don't wash over you the way they should. So what's a girl to do?

CREATE that's what. Now I've been to a couple of France Papillon journal classes and she really lives the emotional side of crafting, now I've never quite got there but I think she would have been proud of my thought process with this LOL.

For anyone who knows me I don't 'do' black, either in my crafting (other than bits of accent you know!) or clothing, I find it a depressing colour and always try and be colourful in crafting and thought.

SO I started this with a layer pf black gesso because that's how I felt but as soon as I started to think about what I wanted to do I had to use colours but still wanted to show some black as that's where I'd come from (does that make sense?) 



I used a stencil to ink up and heat emboss in clear embossing powder then as this stencil reminded me of peacock feathers (it probably isn't that but what the heck!) it had to be blues and (my favourite) greens with PaperArtsy fresco paints China & Granny Smith. I then wiped the paint from the embossed areas to show the bits of black!

A bit more stenciling with some grunge paste too ad some highlighting and shadowing with pencils, but I needed it to say something and came across a JOFY sentiment on a scrap of tissue paper however the text says 'hear the song within the silence' but I changed silence to chaos (as you do).

I had to give this a wash of South Pacific as after it dried it was still white for some reason.


Anyhow I'm not sure about the emotional side but I certainly felt better after creating this, I really think it's the time spent just thinking about something else though but hey jump in and enjoy.

Thanks for stopping by and leave a comment if you fancy, and now I've found the follow button again I might not be 'Billy No Mates' if you choose to follow me, go on be a dare devil LOL.

happy Craftin
Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment