Monday 11 July 2016

#3UP Challenge July 2016

Well hello there!

It's that time again and I was lucky enough to have my name pulled out of the hat, I love these challenges but as usual always struggle with time (not matter how long we are given!!!)

So my challenge was Ink & the Dog stamps with infusions!! Yay what joy!

Well the stamps speak for themselves, as usual top quality and PaperArtsy always seems to something for everyone. Then there are infusions.... these little babies are soooo versatile and as I love to create backgrounds I am sure they will be used on a regular basis.

First up I sprinkled Blackcurrent and A Bit Jaded (fab names as ever!) infusions onto water colour paper and spritzed with water, I then mixed some of the infusions with fresco snowflake and used it to stamp on the background, and painted a little on to some scrap water colour paper and stamped the focal image.


 

I then coloured some ribbon, bias binding and crinkle paper with the infusions, love the way you get bits of the walnut showing through.



I stamped my main image onto the painted watercolour paper and assembled everything but then didn't know what to do with it, eventually deciding on a wall hanging mounted with fabric, so out came the sewing machine and I ended up with this...


During this process (which took for ever as I just couldn't make up my mind what to do LOL) I also created this little card topping, love this!


and I was gutted I couldn't work this technique into a design but I will!!


 all from one application....1 - texture paste thru stencil sprinkle of infusion 2 - the negative from the first application 3 - apply more texture paste thru stencil which blends the colours together 4 - cleaning stencil with baby wipe



So anyway that's me done go take a look at all the other loveliness on the PaparArtsy Blog HERE.

Thanks for stopping by leave a message if you fancy, catch you next time.

Happy Craftin

Rebecca







13 comments:

  1. Brilliant Rebecca, great techniques. Thanks for joining us and playing along. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your project! The blackcurrant and jade infusions are a great colour combo and you've used one of my favourite stamps for your focal image! :-)
    Great card topper and stencil works too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, you have done a great job, so clever to use infusions to dye material. Love your piece x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh the texture paste looks amazing too! And your butterfly, such different ideas, thanks for sharing tonight Rebecca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Rebecca, Blackcurrant and a bit jaded are fab together. Geat that you turned it into a wall hanging ingenious!!. We all had fun with those infusions, I just love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project Rebecca - love the infusions through texture paste

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, your project is fab along with your extra bits and pieces. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Rebecca, the infusions have given you such vibrant colours and you've combined (most of) it all together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing work Rebecca - your piece is stunning - and the other bits too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your colour combinations and your second project too. I really like the way you turned it into a wall hanging. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing project, love the background with infusions. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I am smitten with your Infused fabric!!! The entire design is amazing and I'm totally going to get to stamping on fabric now! Thanks so much for this inspiration. Your card is also so gorgeous, I've pinned both! TFS and congrats on the feature!

    ReplyDelete